For everyone who wants to be fit, it is no easy task. It takes determination, willpower, motivation, and resilience.
The beginning is the hardest part of living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and once you cross that hurdle, you’ve accomplished the most important phase. When your results appear, it’s almost impossible to quit.
TIPS TO START:
- The most important thing is first making sure that your diet is in check, as it is said that abs are built in the kitchen.
- When you regulate your diet, the next step is to perfect your workout routine.
- Chose the proper workout
If you don’t really know where or how to start, here are 5 exercises, that are perfect for any beginner who is looking to make positive changes to his lifestyle, and not longer than four weeks.
Warning: These exercises all require perfect form to prevent injury.
Benefits: A core exercise which strengthens your abdominal area, back and shoulders. Along with the core strengthening, it helps with your posture, reducing (preventing) of the back pain and improving your balance.
How To Do:
- Get down on the floor into a push-up position and bend your elbows 90 degrees, resting your weight on your forearms. Your elbows should be directly underneath your shoulders.
- Keeping your body in a straight line and engaging your core hold this position.
Start by holding the pose for 30 seconds and gradually increase the time as you progress.
Target: Work as a full-body exercise and build strength in your forearms, shoulders, chest, abs, back, and legs. In addition, they engage your core and increase your strength.
As a compound exercise targets multiple muscles at the same time. The advantage of this exercise, like for planks, you don’t need any equipment to do it and can be done at home, outside, or anywhere.
How To Do:
- Standard push-up, (your hands are on the ground directly beneath your shoulders, your core is tightened and your entire body is straight).
- Lower your body towards the floor, while your back is flat and straight.
- Keeping your core nice and tight, exhale, and push yourself back up, while your entire body is still in a perfectly straight line.
Target: A staple exercise in increasing your lower body strength, stimulating muscle growth, strengthening your joints, and even improving your balance. Engaging your core and lower back they help you improve your posture at the same time.
Works: multiple muscles in your body (quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and glutes).
How To Do:
- Start Standing face forward with your chest up and your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and push your butt back, keeping your head up and allowing your back to arch slightly.
- Lowering yourself down, bring your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Pressing your weight onto your heels, push through your heels to go back up into the starting position.
From the beginning use your own body weight. As you improve you can increase adding more weight to your squat.
4.THE BIRD DOG:
Works: Your core as well as your lower back,
Benefits: Helps to improve your overall balance, strengthen your back, especially your lumbar spine.
How To Do:
- Get on the floor on all fours, keeping your core tight and your spine and neck neutral.
- Extending slowly your left leg, bring it parallel to the floor (your leg should be above the height of your hip).
- Then, slowly lift your right arm, keeping it parallel to the floor and straight.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, and then bring your leg and arm down.
- Switching to the opposite arm and leg, repeat.
5.THE GLUTE BRIDGE
Targets: your glutes, but it also targets your core as well as your hips.
Benefits: it is a key exercise in preventing lower back pain, without any equipment for this exercise so you can do it anywhere, even in the comfort of your own living room. It is especially useful if you have a desk job and don’t move around enough, or if you suffer from frequent lower back pain.
How To Do:
- Laying down on the floor face up, with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Keep your arms to your sides with the palms facing down.
- Lift your hips slowly up until your hips and shoulders are in a perfectly straight line, your glutes squeezed hard and your core tightened.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and go back down.
Note: A healthy body and great overall physique take months and even years of determination and you need a hard work to achieve. This workout is your starting point, try it for 4 weeks and see how your strength and your body improved.